Sunday, December 16, 2007

I'm engaged!

Well that's it! I'm on my way! Here's the story:

A couple nights ago (it was the day that we both finished classes so it was already an awesome day), Nancy got off of work downtown at about 8:15 at night. Me and Tuck met her and we decided to take a little walk down Main Street. I was NERVOUS! I had the ring in my pocket and was just hoping that tonight was the night to ask. I thought that I would know for sure if it was the right time.

So we walked to this new little Italian place and then realized that we couldn't go in because we had Tuck (CRAP!) so we kept walking. We went towards this little Christmas village thing with a bunch of pretty trees and little cosey buildings. The village was closed (CRAP CRAP!) but we could walk around and look at the trees anyway. We just kind of hugged each other and looked at the lights while Tuck jumped all over us (way to ruin the moment huh). I told her that I thought it was a perfect night.

After that, we sat down together on a bench in the little courtyard by there, and cuddled and talked some more. There was nobody anywhere around us but Tuck. Finally I knew it. We had talked about getting engaged, so I think she knew it was coming eventually. I said something like, "I've been thinking a lot about the best way to propose to you. I wanted to do something really crazy and mindblowing like ask you on stage at a Josh Groban concert, but I just couldn't think of the perfect thing. Then I decided I'd rather ask you while we're just being ourselves, just talking and cuddling and having fun together, because out of all the awesome times we've had together, those simple times together with you have always been my favorite." She said something like "That sounds great baby." I took a deep breath and said "Well, there is one thing that could make this night a little more perfect." I got on my knee and said "BABY! Will you marry me!?" She started crying and said YES and it definitely did make the night even more perfect.

We're planning on a wedding in the early summer of 2009. Me and my fiancé (YAYYYYYY) will be working hard until then!

2 comments:

Prince Gomolvilas said...

The best and most romantic place to propose is Home Depot. Try it! It works!

Sharon said...

I know I congratulated you and Nancy in person, but this is the first time I read your blog post about it! Congrats again! (this is the girl's hair she cut...lol)