Saturday, December 8, 2007

Things That I Can't Understand

1. The difference between "in-law" and "step." Everytime I'm about to refer to a person that I know is either an in-law or a step-something I just pick one or the other and hope it's right. Nancy always cracks on me about it because it makes perfect sense to her. To me it's this complicated web of tracing family trees and analyzing relationships. I'd have to get a family flow-chart going every time for me to actually be able to figure out which is right.

2. Light bulbs. First of all, it's insanity that the tiny little thing inside there can light up a whole room. Second of all, I love how you pretty much need a chainsaw to get into most commercial products (like the packaging for scissors, which is kind of cruel), but the only thing separating the world from a light bulb is that tiny little layer of thick paper. They should start shipping pre-shattered ones so I can buy them broken rather than get all the way home and then drop it and scream. At least that way I won't get my hopes up.

3. Why bizarre dreams seem so real when we're in them. Last night I had a dream that Nancy and I stole a wedding cake from the wedding cake store, and my professor found out about it. Then my old neighbor was chasing me down the road so I tried to swim away through this lake, except it was only 6 inches deep so I couldn't get anywhere. I woke up sweating and about to scream and then realized how stupid I am.

4. How this blog is getting so much traffic. I'm getting like 300 views a day. Is that really possible? I definitely don't know 300 people, and I know that nobody that I don't know is going to want to read this nonsense. I'm going to assume that my counter is screwed up, because if that many people are reading, then I'm really going to have to put more effort into it. And I don't putting effort into anything. Except trying to figure out the whole in-law/step thing. I'm studying pretty hard on that one.

5. Why peanut butter and jelly work so well together. CONFESSION: I had my very first, all time, peanut butter and jelly sandwich last week. Since then, I've had at least two every day. They're amazing. I never thought it would work, but it does. Ebony and ivory. Peanut butter and jelly. Perfect harmony.

1 comment:

Robin said...

look i got my own blog- PLUG ME

http://aussieboundrobin.blogspot.com/

worddddd