Sunday, July 8, 2007

Past Week.

Nothing too interesting to report. Still haven't heard from Cocoa's owner. Nancy had the week off school but she's going back tomorrow :(. I saw Winter Passing last night and I loved it. I'm such a sucker for depressing movies and music for some reason. Weird, cause I'm always in a good mood. Everybody check out Josh Montgomery, cause he's a pretty awesome singer-songwriter who lives in Greenville and he's only my age. Supposedly a really nice guy too. Nancy knows him. So he deserves a plug. He's also the guy from whom I stole the video with the cute little black kid.

I was just thinking about my freshman year English class. Professor Rogers told us to write an essay about a cultural group who was defined by their food (because it was a whole class of writing about food). Lots of people wrote about Japanese with sushi or Italian with pasta. I wrote about Cannibals. I felt like an idiot after I realized what everyone else was doing, but by then it was too late. Cannibals were really the only cultural group I could think of. But are cannibals even a cultural group? Do they have some underground cannibalistic culture with cannibal music and cannibal clothes and everything? Turns out, some South American tribes really are cannibal tribes with their own little cannibalistic society. And they really are defined by their cannibalism. I figured I was a genius. I got a C-. What the crap right?

Anyways, goodnight.

No comments: