Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Worst Poem You'll Ever Read

I'm incredibly bored right now, but too lazy to get up and do something about it, so this is what you get. This past term, I took a Human Resource Management Class where the professor made us write these stupid poems about whatever we were learning about. Here's what I came up with. Feel free to laugh....I cracked up as I wrote it.

A Tale of Discrimination
Mike Crittenden


I should have known it too good to be true,
For a person of color to live the dream.
My skin may be darker but my morals stark white,
And now my resentment as dark as the night.

“I’ve got it,” I said, “the contacts, look here.”
The history, the skills, tenfold that of him.

But his work doesn’t matter as much as his skin.
My patience for injustice wearing so thin.

Paleness isn’t a BFOQ.
Hail this lawsuit as proof to you
That ’64 and ’72 aren’t that far past,
’91 and Title VII give proof of that.

The EEOC versus you…seem unfair?
Makes you the minority. Now do you care?
They set you up, FEP’s knock you down.
Scuffing your spurs and cracking your crown.

Don’t expect pity, because you see
They’re stealing back that which you stole from me.

No comments: